Sunday, June 6, 2010

sunshine superman

 It was 16 years ago today that my life was changed in ways I could not have possibly anticipated. I gave birth to a boy ......... and I was scared to death.

It wasn't that I didn't have parenting experience -- after all, I was a stepmom to one girl and had given birth to three others -- goodness knows I should be an expert on raising little girls. But because I'd never had a son -- heck, I'd never even had a brother -- this whole "boy" thing really threw me for a loop. What the heck do you do with them?

I needn't have worried, of course. After I adjusted to the difference in diaper changes, I found myself absolutely revelling in just how different he was from his sisters and just what a unique individual he is. Sixteen years later, I still feel the same way.

Happy Birthday, Morgan!

No comments: