Friday, January 11, 2008

hang on sloopy

24 days. Amazing. I know it's just a drop in the bucket of the rest-of-my-life as a non-smoker, but I never, ever would have dreamed that I could go 24 days without a cigarette -- I had a hard enough time going 24 minutes without one!

There are no miracle fixes .... this is outrageously hard work .... but there isn't a doubt in my mind that Chantix has made this much easier than it would have been otherwise. I have had a disturbing smoker's hack for years and years and it's almost gone now. I still get significantly strong urges to smoke but they're usually in connection with some activity I used to associate with smoking -- and I had many -- but they're gradually diminishing.

No, I don't own any stock in Pfizer, but I just can't recommend this product enough. Believe me, if it's working for me, it can work for anybody.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great going so far!

Konstantin said...

Page, congratulations! You are doing so well! And trust me, I KNOW how hard it is. But as you probably know it gets better and better with time, and your toughest is probably over.

Hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I'm actually planning on doing some more when I quit with Chantix in about 1.5 months. Maybe even doing a video blog!

Anyway, I'm very excited when someone new says hello because the number of people who are finally doing their quits are growing, and it's such a wonderful thing to see people choose life over smokes.

Congrats again!