Tuesday, January 15, 2008

ice ice baby

It was 4 weeks ago today that I smoked my last cigarette. For decades cigarettes were my constant companion. If I was leaving the house, I made sure I had a pack with me. If I was going to another room for an extended period of time, I made sure I had a pack with me. If I was going out of town, I made sure that I had a lot of packs with me.

Meet my new constant companion: Dentyne Ice Arctic Chill sugarless gum. These days you'll rarely find me without a piece in my mouth or a couple of packs in my pocket. I can't say that I enjoy feeling so gum-dependent but it sure beats my previous addiction. As John Lennon said: whatever gets you through the night is alright ........

2 comments:

Berleen said...

Dentyne? My new best friend? LOL

Chris said...

Are you using a patch? I broke a ten-year, nearly two pack a day habit (monkey on my back) using the Nicotrol patch. It was a miracle cure. I haven't so much as touched a cigarette in twelve years. Good luck, it's definitely worth it!