Tuesday, November 6, 2007

wedding bell blues oranges

I got married in my groom's home with about twenty people present. Our wedding budget was probably about $150. Suffice to say that I don't know nothin' about planning weddings. When Erin got engaged, we hired a wedding planner, a florist, and a caterer because we were hoping that most aspects of the wedding would be handled by them. Boy, was I kidding myself. While they are ALL doing their jobs (and appear to be doing them very well), I wasn't aware of just how many miscellanious details would still fall to us. Erin has taken on the lion's share of them but our bedroom is gradually starting to resemble a storehouse for an autumn decorating wholesaler.
These are just a few of the 50 bottles of orange sparkling water for our guests who are staying in hotel rooms. They'll be part of a larger basket of orange-themed novelties -- everything from bath bombs to orange scones. We went with the orange theme because of our Florida location and because the color fits in well with Erin's autumn color theme. One and a half weeks to go!

No comments: