Monday, July 19, 2010

oh, pretty woman


Because Yardley of London knew exactly who they were marketing to in the 60's, it's not surprising that so many of their commercials ended up airing during "The Monkees" tv show which ran from 1966 to 1968. I was a huge Monkee fan but my love for Yardley cosmetics way outlasted my love for Davy, Micky, Peter and Mike. Sorry, guys. I'm the fickle sort.

I recently came across these two old Yardley commercials from that time period -- they will give some of you a happy trip down memory lane and they will give some of you a little insight into what the hullaballoo was all about.

Note the British accents of the voice-overs and keep in mind that this was at the height of the so-called "British invasion." We were suckers for anything (and anyone) from across the Big Pond.

Enjoy!

No comments: