Monday, May 3, 2010

stayin' alive

I know that at one time I had a number of people following my quit-smoking journey and I know that many of them were traveling the same road. I hope that we all ended up in the same happy place.

I'm immensely proud to be able to say that I still have not had a single cigarette since December 19th, 2007 -- 29 months! For a 35-year smoker, that's an accomplishment. I only wish I had done it much, much sooner.

I'm a bit of a rare animal in that I successfully quit on my very first try -- I had to, you see -- I know me and I know that a quit attempt that resulted in failure might mean that I'd never even try again. Having said that, I'm far from cocky. I know that in order to maintain my smobriety I must never, ever have that first puff. As long as I don't do that, I'm home free.
.

No comments: