Tuesday, May 11, 2010

wild thing

You are looking at my eldest niece, Emma, and part of what she calls her "museum." Emma is the daughter of my baby sister (yes, I still think of her that way) Heather and her terrific husband, Steve. Emma has an achingly sweet little sister named Ellie.

I sometimes think that there is a very eccentric little old lady possessing Emma's adorable little person because she's so incredibly wise for her years. Mostly, though, I think she inherited boatloads of her rather eccentric grandfather's personality. Of course, it's a lot cuter on her than it was on him!

Heather often relates Emma's latest Emma-isms on her Facebook page here but I don't think she'll mind if I quote my favorite (so far) of her Emma stories here:

Emma is "selling" stuff to us for $1 everyday e.g. makers, lip gloss. She takes it back (but keeps the money). She says she's practicing to sell at the Farmer's Market. Her booth will be called "Emma & Ellie's Booth" and sell - mac n cheese, lemons, hot dogs & princess pencils. She said, "would you write that down for me so I don't forget? Thanks."

Mac 'n cheese and princess pencils? C'mon, that's marketing genius!


No comments: